Click here to skip to main content.
 
Repository Cheshire Record Office
Level Sub-section
Reference EDM 13
Title Chester Diocesan Guild of Bellringers records
Date 1887-2004
Description The records of the Chester Diocesan Guild of Bellringers comprises a range of material relating to the Guild itself, ten of the major branches within Cheshire, and papers of several individuals involved in bellringing in the county. These records extend from the Guild's foundation in 1887 to the present day and include minutes, accounts, membership records, photographs, and details of bells and peals.
Extent 191 volumes, 33 bundles and 24 items
Physical Description Some items are fragile
Access Conditions Access to records containing details of indivduals may be restricted on the grounds of personal confidentiality
Administrative History The Guild was founded in 1887 to 'further the art of bellringing through training and social events and to encourage co-operation between ringers and clergy.' The Guild is divided into the following local branches: Chester; East Cheshire; South Cheshire; Crewe; Macclesfield; Wirral; Bowdon, Stockport and Mottram; Grappenhall; Northwich; Mid-Cheshire. Grappenhall and Northwich were merged in 1971 to form the Mid-Cheshire branch. The Guild continues to function today.
Powered by CalmView© 2008-2010