Click here to skip to main content.
Repository Cheshire Record Office
Level Collection (Fonds)
Reference EMS 119
Title Birkenhead, Grange Road Methodist Chapel
Date 19th century - 20th century
Description Register of baptisms 1886-1958 and marriages 1916-1958, Various records 1855-1959
Administrative History Opened in 1858 at Camperdown Street by the Primitive Methodists in a former Welsh Calvinistic Chapel, replacing temporary premises rented from the Society of Friends since 1855. Rebuilt at the corner of Grange Road and Beckwith Street in 1870. Closed in 1958, and subsequently sold and demolished.
Powered by CalmView© 2008-2010