Click here to skip to main content.
 
Repository Cheshire Record Office
Level Collection (Fonds)
Reference EMS 277
Title Widnes, Stewards Lane Methodist Chapel
Date 20th century
Description Register of baptisms 1927-1981; Various records 1950-1967, including minutes, balance sheets, Sunday School records
Location Held onsite
Administrative History An iron chapel was bought at Wavertree (Lancashire) by the Wesleyan Methodists in 1892 and erected in Stewards Lane. A new chapel was built in 1959. Closed in 2004.
Related Material For papers relating to proposals affecting Steward's Lane and Hough Green, see under Ditton, Hough Green Chapel, ref. EMS 275/32-38.
URL http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a2a/records.aspx?cat=017-ems277&cid=0
Powered by CalmView© 2008-2010