Click here to skip to main content.
 
Repository Cheshire Record Office
Level Collection (Fonds)
Reference LBH
Title Hyde Borough Council
Date 1862-1972
Description Minutes, ledgers, cash books, accounts, contracts, agreements and year books.
Extent 36 Files
Administrative History Hyde was incorporated as a municipal borough on 8 February 1881 and consisted of the former townships of Hyde, Godley and Newton. Previously it had been governed by Hyde Local Board from 1863 to 1881Later developments. The 1894 Local Government Board Order added Gee Cross and the northern part of Werneth, and in 1923, by order of the Ministry of Health, the borough was merged in the parish of Hyde and comprised three wards. By the County of Chester Review Order 1936, part of Hyde was transferred to the borough of Dukinfield, part to the parish and urban district of Bredbury and Romiley, and parts of the parishes of Dukinfield, Compstall, Hattersley and Matley were added to Hyde boroughHyde formed part of Tameside with Local Government reorganisation in 1974. Records are held at the Tameside Archive Service, Tameside Local Studies Library, Stalybridge Library, Trinity Street, Stalybridge, SK15 2BN.
Related Material See Acc. File 1421 for list of books found in the basement of Hyde Town Hall ex - information of J. V. Hindley of Greenfield County Secondary Boys' School, Hyde in November 1970
Powered by CalmView© 2008-2010