Click here to skip to main content.
 
Repository Cheshire Record Office
Level Collection (Fonds)
Reference LRB
Title Bucklow Rural District Council records
Date 19th century-20th century
Description Minutes 1895-1974, financial records 1894-1973, rate books and valuation records 1912-1962, medical officer's reports 1896-1938, sewerage schemes 1897-1943, watersupply schemes 1898-1955, housing schemes 1928- 69, Joint Hospital Board records 1897-1948, Bollin Valley Project minutes and papers 1968-74; yearbooks 1904-1927
Administrative History Bucklow District Council was established in 1895 and took over from Altrincham Rural District Council which had governed from 1894. Previously it had been governed by Bucklow Highway Board from 1862 and Altrincham Rural Sanitary Authority from 1872. Townships: The Rural District Council comprised the townships of Agden, Ashley, Aston by Budworth, Baguley, Bexton, Bollington, Carrington, Dunham Massey, Northern Etchells, Hale, High Legh, Marthall cum Warford, Mere, Millington, Mobberley, Northenden, Ollerton, Partington, Peover Inferior, Peover Superior, Pickmere, Plumley, Rostherne, Styal, Tabley Inferior, Tatton, Timperley, Toft and Warburton.\r\nLater developments:\r\nIn 1900, Hale became an Urban District in its own right and the township of Ringway was incorporated. In 1931, Baguley, Northern Etchells and Northenden were transferred to Manchester CB and Styal was dissolved in 1936. In 1951, Marthall cum Warford was dissolved and Marthall and Little Warford were created. In 1974, Bucklow amalgamated with several neighbouring urban and rural district councils to form the new Macclesfield Borough Council..See LDM for post 1974 records
Powered by CalmView© 2008-2010