Click here to skip to main content.
 
Repository Cheshire Record Office
Level Collection (Fonds)
Reference LRN
Title Nantwich Rural District Council records
Date 19th century-20th century
Description Minutes 1894-1974, year books 1949-74, financial records 1894-1974, clerk's correspondence and papers 1875-1947, valuation records 1896-1962, and rate books 1971, public health inspector's reports 1960-74, medical officer's reports 1896-1974, wartime records c. 1939-45, surveyor's correspondence and papers 1908- 65, plans of housing schemes 1938-66 and sewerage schemes 1912-64. Register of planning applications 4/5/35-4130 1948-1963; Register of plans submitted under Mid Cheshire (Area No 2) Joint Planning Scheme 1937-1946; Nantwich Rural Sanitary Authority: minutes 1872-94, financial records 1873-94, correspondence 1885-94. Aston iuxta Mondrum: overseers accounts 1910-27; road map showing Nantwich rural district boundary and parish boundary within rural district.
Administrative History Nantwich Rural District Council was formed under the 1894 Local Government Act and took over from the Rural Sanitary Authority (formed 1872) and the Highway Board (formed 1888). The District Council encompassed the following civil parishes - Acton, Alpraham, Alvaston, Aston juxta Mondrum, Audlem, Austerson, Baddiley, Baddington, Barthomley, Basford, Batherton, Bickerton, Blackenhall, Bridgemere, Brindley, Broomhall, Buerton, Bulkeley, Bunbury, Burland, Calveley, Checkley cum Wrinehill, Cholmondeley, Cholmondeston, Chorley, Chorlton, Church Coppenhall, Church Minshull, Coole Pilate, Crewe, Dodcott cum Wilkesley, Doddington, Edleston, Egerton, Faddiley, Hankelow, Haslington, Hatherton, Houghton, Henshull, Hough, Hunsterson, Hurleston, Lea, Leighton, Minshull Vernon, Newhall, Peckforton, Poole, Ridley, Rope, Shavington cum Gresty, Sound, Spurstow, Stapeley, Stoke, Walgherton, Wardle, Warmingham, Weston, Wettenhall, Willaston, Wistaston, Woodcott, Woolstanwood, Worleston, Wrenbury cum Frith and Wybunbury. In 1936 Church Coppenhall civil and ecclesiastical parish was dissolved and Marbury cum Quoisley, Norbury and Wirswall were transferred from Malpas Rural District. In 1974 Nantwich Rural District amalgamated with Nantwich Urban District and Crewe Borough to form the new Crewe and Nantwich Borough Council. [See: LDCr list for post-1974 records].
Powered by CalmView© 2008-2010