Click here to skip to main content.
 
Repository Cheshire Record Office
Level Collection (Fonds)
Reference LRNo
Title Northwich Rural District Council records
Date 19th century-20th century
Description Minutes 1895-1974, year books 1898-1971, financial records 1894-1962, rate books and valuation records 1867-1959, housing register 1926-33, building plans and registers 1895-1959, sewerage schemesc.1895-1930, medical officer's records 1956-60, legal documents and agreements 1924-1971. Northwich Rural Sanitary Authority: Minutes 1872-94, financial records 1872-94, building plans and records 1879-94, sewerage records 1877-94, Sanitary Inspector 's papers 1874-1922
Administrative History Northwich Rural District Council was established in 1894. The District was previously administered by a Local Board of Health from 1872. The District Council encompassed the following civil parishes Acton, Allostock, Anderton, Barnton, Birches, Bostock, Byley, Clive, Cogshall, Comberbach, Crowton, Croxton, Cuddington, Darnhall, Davenham, Delamere, Eaton, Eddisbury, Hartford, Hulse, Kinderton cum Hulme, Lach Dennis, Leftwich, Little Budworth, Little Leigh, Lostock Gralam, Marbury, Marston, Marton, Mooresbarrow cum Parme, Moulton, Nether Peover, Newhall, Oakmere, Occlestone, Onston, Oulton Lowe, Ravenscroft, Rudheath, Shipbrook, Shurlach, Sproston, Stanthorne, Stublach, Sutton, Wallerscote, Weaver, Weaverham, Whatcroft, Wimboldsley, Wincham and Winnington. In 1936 Ruston, Tarporley and Utkinson were transferred from Tarporley Urban District and Clive, Cogshall, Eaton, Eddisbury, Leftwich and Winnington were dissolved. In 1974, Northwich Rural District Council amalgamated with neighbouring urban district councils to form the new Vale Royal District Council, which was later granted Borough status. [See: LDV list for post 1974 records].
Powered by CalmView© 2008-2010