Click here to skip to main content.
 
Repository Cheshire Record Office
Level Collection (Fonds)
Reference LUT
Title Tarporley Urban District Council
Date 19th century-20th century
Description Minutes 1903-36, financial records 1895-1936, rate books and valuation records 1908-36, building plans 1899-1934. Tarporley Local Board of Health: Plan of sewerage scheme 1873
Administrative History Tarporley Urban District Council was established in 1895 and was divided into four wards - Eaton, Rushton, Tarporley and Utkinton. Tarporley was anciently a borough; Richard Francis is mentioned as mayor in 1297. By the County of Chester Review Order, 1936, the authority was abolished and the area was included in Northwich Rural District Council. [See: LRNo list for post-1936 records]
Powered by CalmView© 2008-2010