Click here to skip to main content.
 
Repository Cheshire Record Office
Level Collection (Fonds)
Reference LUW
Title Wilmslow Urban District Council
Date 19th century-20th century
Description Minutes 1895-1974; seal registers 1950-73; financial records 1916-30; ratebooks and valuation records 1895- 1989; planning decision notices 1948-1974; newscuttings 1939-52. Wilmslow Local Board of Health: Minutes 1878-95; rate books 1890; housing registers 1946-1973
Administrative History Wilmslow Urban District Council was established in 1895. Previously it had been governed by Wilmslow Local Board formed in 1878 from the urban portions of Bollin Fee, Fulshaw and Pownall Fee townships. In 1936, the boundaries were extended to include most of Styal civil parish (formed from the rural portions of Pownall Fee in 1895) and Handforth civil parish (and urban district from 1904). In 1974 it amalgamated with several neighbouring urban and rural district councils to form the new Macclesfield Borough Council. [See: LDM list for post-1974 records].
Powered by CalmView© 2008-2010