Click here to skip to main content.
 
Repository Cheshire Record Office
Level Collection (Fonds)
Reference LUWn
Title Winsford Urban District Council
Date 18th century-20th century
Description Minutes 1895-1974, seal registers 1954-72, deeds and papers 1757-1972, financial records 1895-1957, rate books and valuation records 1894-1956, building plans and registers 1925-74. Winsford Local Board of Health: Minutes 1875-94, financial records 1875-94, valuation lists 1876, 1881
Administrative History Winsford Urban District Council was established under the 1894 Act, comprised the parishes of Over and Wharton, and was divided into four wards. In 1936 the boundaries were extended to include parts of the parishes of Bostock, Clive, Eaton, Marton, Moulton, Stanthorne and Darnhall, and the district council was divided into five wards. In 1974, it amalgamated with neighbouring urban and rural district councils to form Vale Royal District Council, which was later granted Borough status. [See LDV list for post 1974 records].
Powered by CalmView© 2008-2010