Click here to skip to main content.
 
Repository Cheshire Record Office
Level Collection (Fonds)
Reference NHW 4
Title Warrington General Hospital records
Date 1905-1975
Administrative History Warrington General Hospital was erected in 1899 as a Workhouse Infirmary by the Warrington Board of Guardians in 1899. In 1930, it was transferred to the control of the Borough council, and was re-named the Borough General Hospital. When it was transferred to the National Health Service in 1948, it had 372 beds.
Related Material For annual reports of the Warrington and District Hospital Management committee, 1948-1954, see NHW 1/3197/24-27.
Powered by CalmView© 2008-2010