Click here to skip to main content.
 
Repository Cheshire Record Office
Level Collection (Fonds)
Reference P 113
Title Audlem St. James Parish
Date 16th century-20th century
Description Registers: Baptisms 1557-1928, Marriages 1557-1923, Burials 1557-1947. Records other than registers 1648-1980.
Administrative History An ancient parish church, originally serving the townships of Audlem, Buerton [nr. Audlem], Hankelow, Tittenley (now in the county of Shropshire), and parts of Dodcott cum Wilkesley and Newhall [nr. Audlem]. Hankelow School Church was licensed for divine service in 1876, and Cox Bank Mission Room was purchased in 1915. For later records, see also Burleydam parish.
Related Material Vestry minutes include minutes of meetings of the Feoffees of Audlem Free Grammar School, c 1809- c 1884 (see SL 1 for related material).
Powered by CalmView© 2008-2010