Click here to skip to main content.
 
Repository Cheshire Record Office
Level Collection (Fonds)
Reference P 16
Title Chester St Martin parish
Date 17th century-20th century
Description Registers: Baptisms 1671-1963, Marriages 1681-1842, Burials 1681-1842. Records other than registers 1682-1937, including: Church Buildings and Churchyard 1855-1928;Churchwardens' Accounts and Vestry Minutes 1682-1902; Churchwardens' Vouchers 1798-1839; Rural Dean's Visitation Report 1937; Poor Rates 1818,1884; Highways Miscellanea, 1802
Physical Description 14 volumes; 11 bundles; 7 items
Administrative History The ancient parish of Chester St. Martin had no dependent townships.The parish church stood in the angle formed by Nicholas Street, White Friars and Cuppin Street. In 1842 the parish was united with that of St. Bridget, the united benefice being known as St. Bridget with St. Martin. St Martin's church was transferred to the Welsh residents of Chester. The church and church yard were removed in 1964 during the construction of the Inner Ring Road
Powered by CalmView© 2008-2010