Click here to skip to main content.
 
Repository Cheshire Record Office
Level Collection (Fonds)
Reference ZCR 234
Title Pipers Ash Methodist Church
Date 1901-1993
Description Minutes, diaries of services and meetings, property accounts and investments returns, accounts, collection books and cards, plans of services, Sunday School Accounts, minutes of the Pipers Ash Methodist Church Fellowship, minutes of Women's Fellowship meetings, and Women's Fellowship registers of attendance.
Extent 17 series
Administrative History Pipers Ash Methodist Church was formerly a Primitive Methodist chapel on the George Street Methodist Circuit. The Pipers Ash Methodist Society had been missioned from Tarvin Road, but as it was in the area of the Chester 1st (George Street) Circuit, was taken over by it in 1890. Members of an undenominational mission, held in a building behind James H Bentley's farmhouse in Hoole Road, joined the Pipers Ash cause. The first chapel was built in 1891. This was replaced in 1914 by a new church building which was used until the church closed in 1993.
Related Material See also CR55/2/91
URL http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a2a/records.aspx?cat=017-cr234&cid=0
Powered by CalmView© 2008-2010