Click here to skip to main content.
 
Repository Cheshire Record Office
Level Collection (Fonds)
Reference ZCR 256
Title Hydraulic Engineering Company Ltd., Chester
Date 1874-1971
Description Board minutes and agendas 1874-1886; order books 1914-1971; Articles of Association 1874; ledgers 1920-1944; catalogues 1878-1910; plans 1883-1912; minutes 1930s; memorandum of association 1874-1912; agreements 1921-1971; register of members 1874-1883; register of young persons 1954-1970; shares papers 1874-1942; letter books 1883-1907; newspaper cuttings 1906-1941; photographs of machinery c1915-1930 and of installations at Garston, Keyham, London and Gibraltar 1905-1952; Catalogue of hydraulic presses c1900
Extent 127 volumes., 29 plans, 4 other items
Access Conditions held offsite -consult staff
Administrative History This firm originated as the Flookersbrook Foundry, which was established, c.1805, on the site of the present works in Charles Street. It became a limited company in 1874. In the nineteenth century, it supplied its products, which included hydraulic lifts, cranes, ramps, presses and dock machinery to customers such as the Great Western Railway Company, the Mersey Docks and Harbour Board, the Port of London Authority and the Admiralty. The company also built port installations for use in places overseas , for example, Gibraltar, Malta, Hong Kong, Bombay, Melbourne and Barcelona. The business was based in Charles Street (east side) and Egerton Street
URL http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a2a/records.aspx?cat=017-cr256&cid=0
Powered by CalmView© 2008-2010