Click here to skip to main content.
 
Repository Cheshire Record Office
Level Collection (Fonds)
Reference ZCR 4
Title Williams and Company, Bankers, Chester
Date 1817-1901
Description This banking company was established in Foregate Street in 1792. It was known as 'Chester Old Bank', 'The Old Bank' and later, 'The Bank of North Wales and Chester'. By the late nineteenth century, there were also branches in Amlwch, Bangor, Caernarvon, Llandudno and Wrexham. In 1897, it amalgamated with Lloyds Bank. The records include accounts and correspondence.
Extent 2 volumes., 7 bundles
Location Held offsite - consult staff
Access Conditions Access to records containing personal information is subject to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
URL http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a2a/records.aspx?cat=017-cr4&cid=0
Powered by CalmView© 2008-2010