Click here to skip to main content.
 
Repository Cheshire Record Office
Level Collection (Fonds)
Reference QPBu
Title Bucklow Petty Sessions records
Date 1859-1974
Description General court registers 1880-1974. Juvenile Court registers 1933-1967. Licensing registers 1872-1974. Other records 1859-1973.
Location Please note that parts of this collection are held offsite. Please contact Cheshire Archives and Local Studies in advance of your visit if you wish to view these records.
Access Conditions Magistrates court records are closed for 30A years; and records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998
Administrative History Formed in 1828 from all the townships in Bucklow Hundred, namely: Acton Grange, Agden (nr. Lymm), Altrincham, Anderton, Antrobus, Appleton, Ashley, Ashton upon Mersey, Aston by Budworth, Aston by Sutton, Aston Grange, Baguley, Barnton, Bartington, Bexton, Bollington (nr. Lymm), Bowdon, Carrington, Clifton, Cogshall, Comberbach, Crowley, Daresbury, Dunham Massey, Dutton, Grappenhall, Great Budworth, Hale (nr. Altrincham), Halton, Hatton (nr. Daresbury), High Legh, Higher Whitley, Keckwick, Knutsford Nether, Knutsford Over, Latchford, Little Leigh, Lower Whitley, Lymm, Marbury, Marston, Marthall cum Warford, Mere, Middleton Grange, Millington, Mobberley, Moore, Newton by Daresbury, Norton, Ollerton, Partington, Peover Inferior, Peover Superior, Pickmere, Plumley, Preston on the Hill, Rostherne, Runcorn, Sale, Seven Oaks, Stockham, Stretton (nr. Warrington), Sutton (nr. Frodsham), Tabley Inferior, Tabley Superior, Tatton, Thelwall], Timperley, Toft, Walton Inferior, Walton Superior, Warburton, Weston (nr. Runcorn) and Wincham.

In 1839 the townships of Acton Grange, Anderton, Antrobus, Appleton, Aston by Sutton, Aston Grange, Barnton, Bartington, Clifton, Cogshall, Comberbach, Daresbury, Dutton, Grappenhall, Great Budworth, Halton, Hatton (nr. Daresbury), Higher Whitley, Keckwick, Latchford, Little Leigh, Lower Whitley, Marbury, Middleton Grange, Moore, Newton by Daresbury, Norton, Preston on the Hill, Runcorn, Seven Oaks, Stockham, Stretton (nr. Warrington), Sutton (nr. Frodsham), Walton Inferior, Walton Superior and Weston (nr. Runcorn) were transferred to the new Daresbury division [see QPD]. From 1839 until c.1890 the remainder of the Bucklow division was sometimes known as "Bucklow East".

In 1874 the townships of Agden (nr. Lymm), Altrincham, Ashley, Ashton upon Mersey, Baguley, Bollington (nr. Lymm), Bowdon, Carrington, Dunham Massey, Hale (nr. Altrincham), High Legh, Lymm, Millington, Partington, Rostherne, Sale, Thelwall, Timperley and Warburton were transferred to the new Altrincham division.

In 1906 the townships of Aston by Budworth, Crowley and Pickmere were transferred to the Northwich division [see QPNo].

Bucklow petty sessional division was abolished in 1974 to become part of the new Macclesfield division [see QPM]
Powered by CalmView© 2008-2010